Daniel Berlin wrote:
> Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
 Fair enough.  I hereby volunteer to setup and maintain the git
 mirror on gcc.gnu.org if someone provides me a shell account
 there.

Email [EMAIL PROTECTED] and ask what kind of sponsorship they want
to require for a shell account (for write access to repositories, we
usually only require 1 sponsor, but these do not give you shell
access).

As stated above, I'd like to request shell access to gcc.gnu.org to setup a git mirror of the GCC svn repository. I'd also suggest Harvey Harrison as a co-maintainer of the mirror, as he helped setting it up on git.infradead.org.

At this time, the repository and git-svn metadata take up 2.5GB of disk space. CPU usage is minimal. I will just have to install a shell script running from my user crontab.

We don't require root access for ordinary maintenance, but someone would have to install and configure at least git-daemon and gitweb to make the mirror publicly accessible.

If it seems too much hassle for the benefit, we'll keep going with the existing git mirror on infradead.org, but I feel it would better serve our users and developers to at least mention it as an official mirror on our web site.

I am happy to sponsor you if it helps.

Thanks, Daniel!

--
 \___/