On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, qunying wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the impression that GCC 4.3.0 has updated to GPLv3. But
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.0/gcc/Copying.html still using GPLv2.
> Does it need to be updated?

I pointed out <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-07/msg00609.html>
that the manual should be updated and that GCC's gpl.texi is not a direct
copy of the file from the FSF but has local Texinfo changes.  But all
that's happened since then is the addition of an unused file gpl_v3.texi
with none of our local changes merged in.  Since many free software
developers don't like Invariant Sections in the GFDL, they are perhaps
unlikely to take the time required to update one in the GCC manual.
Patches merging the necessary changes into gpl_v3.texi and arranging for
it to be used will of course be considered.

--
Joseph S. Myers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]