Nick Kledzik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I don't claim our current implementation is bug free, but the lto
> interface
> matches the Apple linker internal model, so we don't expect and have
> not encountered any problems mixing mach-o and llvm bitcode files.

Hmmm, OK, how about this example:

a.o: contains LTO information, refers to S
b.o: no LTO information, defines S
c.o: contains LTO information, defines S at version V, S/V is not hidden

In the absence of b.o, the reference to S in a.o will be resolved
against the definition of S in c.o.  In the presence of b.o, the
reference to S in a.o will be resolved against the definition of S in
b.o.

I suppose we could refuse to inline versioned symbols, but that
doesn't seem desirable since it is normally fine.

Ian