On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 05:21, Andrew Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Kaveh does have a point, Diego.  The libjava build regularly finds middle-end
> problems that are not revealed by bootstrap testing.

So does Ada.  This is why I have offered keep building it on my nightly testers.

IME, bugs found during libjava have been also triggered during
libstdc++ and/or C.  Though several folks at the summit mentioned that
they had found bugs triggered only by libjava.

My point remains that libjava has become a serious problem in the
development cycle of GCC.  It takes roughly 3 hours on modern hardware
to finish a GCC bootstrap (with -j2).  A significant chunk of which is
taken by libjava.  If we could at least reduce the overhead by not
building all of it by default, it would be a huge win.

Diego.