On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 07:13:03PM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Has anybody ever looked at using threading capabilities of tcl directly?
> Parallel DejaGNU could benefit other packages too.  There is a thread
> pools package (tpool.html, linked from <http://wiki.tcl.tk/2770>) but I
> have no idea how functional it is in practice; likely the GCC testsuite
> would need at least a bit of restructuring, too.

[Insert QMTest plug here]

I don't know for sure whether the QMTest support in the testsuite is
still good... we use QMTest internally, but not for GCC at the moment.
I'd love to get it working again, at least for native.  That can
parallelize tests as fine-grained as you wish, and present consistent logs.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery