Jay wrote:

> /src/gcc/libjava/classpath/gnu/javax/swing/text/html/parser/HTML_401F.java:0:
> in
> ternal compiler error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See  for instructions.

This stack exhaustion is PR36218 which was supposedly fixed on
mainline.  Two problems: the fix needs to be extended to Cygwin as well
as MinGW, and you're not building mainline.

> I wish Windows code was PIC, then wouldn't worry about base addresses and
> the cost of relocs.. (even if AMD64 is mostly PIC, the data still isn't, e.g.
> vtables).

With --enable-auto-image-base this becomes nearly a non-issue.  Libtool
has been enabling that by default on PE for a long time.  There was also
a patch several years ago to support a variant of ELF-style PIC on
Windows, but it was never reviewed nor commented on.  The ABI
implications probably make this infeasible anyway.  In any case this has
zero to do with the topic of this thread.

Brian