On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 11:12:59AM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> I also found an ia64 box running Red Hat Advanced Workstation 2.1.
> Yes, I know, really old, but I can't change it.  I tried a build...
> but the bootstrap died.

I think the issue was that the --with-gmp and --with-mpfr directories
weren't in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I'm re-trying.  If that's the issue,
I think that it should automatically be taken care of; the configure
process can determine that it's picking up shared libraries that
aren't on the default path and make sure that things work anyway.