Hello Martin,

Martin Guy wrote:
On 9/26/08, Sergei Poselenov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello all,

 I've built the above cross-compiler and ran the GCC testsuite.
 Noted a lot of c++ tests failed with the same output:
 terminate called after throwing an instance of 'int'
 terminate called recursively

Are you configuring cross glibc with --disable-libunwind-exceptions?
This has been necessary for all ARM EABI cross-compilers I've built so far.

Yes, I've tried this too, without success.

Just of curiosity, I tried the exact prerelease version the
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2007-09/msg00570.html
was using for test - it failed too.

I suppose the problem is in Gcc.
 Could someone having the 4.2 release series compiler configured for
 ARM EABI target try this simple test:

I just tried it with the native Debian ARM EABI compiler: gcc-4.2.4,
binutils-2.18.0.20080103, glibc-2.7 and it silently exits(0).

I tried gcc-4.2.4-glibc-2.6 and glibc-2.7, with no avail.
I suppose the Debian version of 4.2.4 has its own set of patches.
Also, the combination of latest tools make it work:
gcc-4.3.2-glibc-2.7-binutils-2.18.

FWIW, their g++-4.2 is also configured with explicit
--disable-sjlj-exceptions, although that seems to be the default.

Yes, it is disabled by default.

Thanks a lot!
Sergei