Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
<snip>
My hypothesis is that several plugin mechanisms for GCC already exist (on some branches or somewhere else). If a small plugin patch has a better chance to get accepted into the trunk, we should limit ourselves to such a small thing. If big plugin machinery could be accepted (I would prefer that) we should understand what would make them more acceptable. In both cases, plugins have probably some requirements defined by the future runtime license, which I don't know yet.
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GCC_PluginAPI

I put up an API proposal. It's a result of the plugin API discussion at the GCC summit.

Taras