On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Richard Guenther
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Note that we cannot really remove switches from the user, but we have to at
> least keep them as no-op for backward compatibility.  Which is why I would
> like you to think twice at least as to what options you want to add for 4.4.
> As a rule of thumb, do not add (or at least document) options that are not
> useful for users of GCC but only developers of GCC.  Maybe you can add a
> glob for debugging options with -fdebug-graphite-XXX instead?

We can enable the -fgraphite-* flags only when ENABLE_CHECKING is defined,
such that these are disabled in the released compilers.

Tobias, I think that the -fgraphite-identity is the best option name,
as it is more explicit than -fgraphite and we also want to have other
flags starting with -fgraphite-...

Sebastian