Hi,

in general, I like this proposal a lot.  However,

> As a start there will be no-overflow variants of NEGATE_EXPR,
> PLUS_EXPR, MINUS_EXPR, MULT_EXPR and POINTER_PLUS_EXPR.
>
> The sizetypes will simply be operated on in no-overflow variants
> by default (by size_binop and friends).
>
> Naming suggestions welcome, at the moment I consider NEGATEV_EXPR
> (thus appending V to the first part).

introducing new codes seems like a bad idea to me.  There are many
places that do not care about the distinction between PLUS_EXPR and
PLUSV_EXPR, and handling both cases will complicate the code (see eg.
the problems caused by introducing POINTER_PLUS_EXPR vs PLUS_EXPR
distinction).  Why not just use a flag to mark the operation as
non-overflowing?

Zdenek