Hi,

I'm trying to create install images for AIX. I plan to put them someplace for other AIX lusers.

The current "rpm" images from IBM assume that you have 5.3 TL05 (a particular level of 5.3). They simply plop in place the fixed headers. On systems prior to TL05, those headers break. On systems after TL05, there is the possibility that new features in the new headers will be missing. The other major sticking point is the headers are copyright by IBM and OSF. So, it is illegal for me to include them in my install images (I assume).

So, what I'd like to do is not have the headers in my install image at all. I *think* I just need to execute mkheaders in the install-tools directory and that will create the fixed headers specifically for the system that the gcc is being installed on.

Can someone verify / validate this?

I guess also, if there is some other install type thing like this that I need to do, please let me know.

Perry
Ease Software, Inc. ( http://www.easesoftware.com )

Low cost SATA Disk Systems for IBMs p5, pSeries, and RS/6000 AIX systems