On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Geert Bosch wrote:

> In any case, while I'd really like to move the checked signed
> integer overflow from Gigi (GNAT-to-GNU tree translator) to
> the language independent part of GCC, I want to have the absolute
> minimum amount of changes that is necessary to achieve this goal.

I think the absolute minimum is that new codes for trapping operations are
added to GENERIC but not GIMPLE, that Gigi generates those codes rather
than explicit checks, and the lowering to explicit checks is done in the
gimplifier (possibly based on code presently in Gigi).

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com