dhua026 dhua026 <dhua...@aucklanduni.ac.nz> writes:

> but most importantly, it used the "callz" instruction:
> /tmp/ccshjbUO.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccshjbUO.s:41: Error: no such instruction: `callz __fixunss...@plt'
> /tmp/ccshjbUO.s:53: Error: no such instruction: `callz __fixunss...@plt'
> make[1]: *** [_fixsfdi.o] Error 1
>
> then it finally fails.
>
> Did I misunderstand what GCC stage 1 is and what I am trying to do is
> simply not feasible?
> What should I do to test out simple .md modifications?

Part of stage 1 involves building the runtime support library.  This is
needed in order to build stage 2, since the stage 2 compiler will need
to be linked with some runtime support library.  The failure above
occurred while building the runtime support library.

To build only the stage 1 compiler proper, and not the stage 1 runtime
library, use "make all-stage1-gcc".

Ian