Eric Botcazou wrote:
>>   I have these patches against 4.3.2/4.3.3 that should help with this.
>> (Sorry Eric, I've been too busy with the cygwin gcc distro releases to
>> start feeding these upstream yet, but they need to wait for 4.5 anyway.
>> They're not all in entirely suitable shape yet either.)
>
> Thanks for stepping in.  I thought GNAT could at least be built on cygwin,
> but
> apparently it cannot anymore.  I think that we should try to make it build
> again for 4.4 by merging just enough of your changes.

  Of the stuff in the previous email, I would reckon that the necessary parts
are probably:

-ifeq ($(strip $(filter-out cygwin32% mingw32% pe,$(osys))),)
+ifeq ($(strip $(filter-out cygwin% mingw% pe,$(osys))),)

.. that change to ensure the windows-specific target-pair overrides, and the
gsocket.h patch.  The sysdep.c changes might also turn out to be required to
prevent the build failing at a slightly later stage.

  Most of the other changes are not suitable for 4.4.  (The
ADA_CFLAGS->ALL_ADA_CFLAGS and T_ADA_CFLAGS changes are probably entirely
superfluous, they were parts of earlier attempts to resolve EH issues which I
believe were in fact fixed in their entirety when I figured out to change
ZCX_By_Default, but I haven't had time to re-test with them removed yet.)

    cheers,
      DaveK