"Vincent R." <foru...@smartmobili.com> writes:

> Now the question is can we declare a function with an eh region and will it
> construct prologue and epilogue ?

The instructions are already in a function.  Why do you need a separate
prologue and epilogue for them?

Maybe I am missing the point here.  It seems to me that the __except
keyword as you described it can be implemented by a transformation from
C++ to C++.  gcc already knows how to handle exception regions; you
don't have to teach it anything in that area.  You just have to generate
the correct GIMPLE or GENERIC in the frontend.  You are talking about
creating a new function, but I just don't see any reason to do so.  You
already have a function, and you can just create exception regions in
that function.  The code in the exception region can call other
functions, etc.  What am I missing?

Ian