"Kaveh R. GHAZI" <gh...@caip.rutgers.edu> writes:

> What I would like to see is that the extra_configure_flags for mpfr
> actually check whether gmp is being built in-tree before passing
> --with-gmp-build=foo to mpfr's configure.  But I don't get how to do that.
> If the mpfr case could be fixed, I could then copy the mechanism into my
> patch for adding mpc.

Add a new shell variable in configure.ac extra_mpfr_configure_args.  Set
it to what you want to pass to the mpfr configure.  Call
AC_SUBST(extra_mpfr_configure_args).  In Makefile.in add a line
EXTRA_MPFR_CONFIGURE_ARGS = @extra_mpfr_configure_a...@.  In
Makefile.def change the host_modules entry for module=mpfr to replace
--with-gmp-build=$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gmp with
$(EXTRA_MPFR_CONFIGURE_ARGS).  Run autoconf and autogen.

Easy as cake.

Ian