Thanks Daniel for the useful piece of information.
Initially I thought of error from compiler side...Now I consider upgrading my gdb .

Thanks,
Sumanth

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 10:35:07AM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Yes, while there are of course occasional bugs and mismatches, in
general all versions of gcc and gdb are compatible.  That said, gdb 5.3
is old; it was released over five years ago.  It will ignore some of the
newer types of debugging information emitted by gcc.  The current gdb
release is 6.8, and is considerably enhanced over 5.3.  You should
consider upgrading if possible.

Newer GDB almost always works with older GCC.  Older GDB often does not work
with newer GCC; I suspect 5.3 will crash and/or be useless with most
GCC 4.x binaries.  For instance, in that time we added location list
support.