On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Dennis Clarke <dcla...@blastwave.org> wrote:

>> Attached is a shortened test report with the following lines removed:
>>

> excellent, now we have a benchmark/comparison to look at. Well done,
> excellent work.
>
> What did you use to build libgmp and mpfr ? I am curious because most
> people that try wwith Sun Studio Express or Sun Studio 12 fail pretty

I used the option of placing the latest gmp and mpfr sources in the
gcc sources directory so my sources directory looks like:

gcc-4.4.0/
   gmp -> gmp-4.3.0
   mpfr -> mpfr-2.4.1

Then I used the Sun native gcc (3.4.3) and defined CC and CXX for it
(export CC=gcc; export CXX=g++) and got the resulting gcc-4.4.0t (I
always name my gcc with the extension showing the version 'cause I
usually keep the latest two on hand).  I added the 't' for 'temporary'
until you guys get ppl and cloog sorted out.

My configure step was:

../gcc-4.4.0/configure                         \
  --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran      \
  --disable-multilib                              \
  --program-suffix=-4.4.0t                    \
  --disable-nls                                    \
  --with-gnu-as                                   \
  --with-as=/usr/sfw/bin/gas                \
  --without-gnu-ld                              \
  --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld

build step:

  make BOOT_CFLAGS='-O' bootstrap-lean

Regards,