On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 12:49:42PM -0700, Janis Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 11:14 -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
> >
> > If someone uses -fno-openmp and still tries to link to libgomp,
> > then the -pthread option is missing and hence the test fail
> > because -lpthread is not included.  On FreeBSD, libgomp.so.1
> > does not show a dependency on libpthread, so the dynamic linker
> > can't automagically work.
>
> Why doesn't libgomp.so.1 show a depedency on libpthread, isn't
> that the bug?

I've never looked at how the authors of libgomp wrote the
build glue nor have I tried to decipher why one would specifically
suppress OpenMP with the -fno-openmp option yet still try to
link to its runtime library.  It does appear that libgomp/configure
looks to see if -pthread (or -lpthread) is required, but then it
may not use that result in actually building libgomp.so.1

--
Steve