On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:26, Richard
Guenther<richard.guent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you mean by 'different number for each alias set'?

An alias set numbering maps alias sets to integer numbers,
and that map is one-to-one.

>  If you want to have a number that is the same for all conflicting
> memory references then you have to build the full conflict map and
> partition it.

> Likely not what you want?

maybe

> Why do you need alias-set numbers?

We want to represent the alias set information as an extra subscript
on memory accesses: for example,

if we have A[10] and supposing that A is in alias set 6, this would be
represented as "memory_access[6][10]".

For B[3][4] with base array B in alias set 7 and 8, we would represent
this as "memory_access[7][3][4] or memory_access[8][3][4]".

The data dependence test that we currently have in the graphite branch
would work with alias sets represented by an extra dimension to the
array dimensions.

Sebastian