On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Diego Novillo wrote:

> In general I think spinning off modules/passes that are not used very
> frequently (e.g. the tree browser) is a good idea since it reduces the
> size of our code base.

Before moving something out to a plugin (if we think that is technically
appropriate for the particular code in question) we should have a way to
build code, set up to be built as a plugin, into the compiler so that the
-fplugin options find the built-in code, in a way that does not depend on
plugins otherwise being supported on the host system; maybe somewhere in
the source tree to put sources for plugins that get built into the
compiler, or a configure option to point to such sources.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com