Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> It seems to me that e-mail to gcc-b...@gcc.gnu.org is basically lost in
> the noise.  It seems to me that we should not recommend that people send
> bug reports there; the chances that anything will happen are much
> smaller than the already small chance that anybody will fix their
> bugzilla bug report.  I propose the following patch to
> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html.
>
> Does anybody think this would be unwise?

  Speaking only for myself: I don't even read the -bugs list, but I do often
take a browse through bugzilla for bugs relevant to stuff I can fix.  I think
in general filing a PR rather than sending a mail to a noisy list is a much
better way to raise the odds a report won't get lost or overlooked.

    cheers,
      DaveK