Jason Merrill wrote:
On 07/28/2009 10:47 AM, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
We need a gcc branch for concepts.

Probably, if someone is working on them, just as for any ongoing project.

That leaves open the question of whether the ConceptGCC branch is the
one.

No. Doug felt that much of ConceptGCC needed to be rewritten; the ConceptGCC branch is just a place to store the existing work for later reference.
That effort did look dead. It seemed to me like a clean slate would be nice.

One idea I had was to look at the metaprogramming pseudo concepts that seem to be in the library already and beefing those up. Maybe that plus a tiny amount of core language secret sauce would be the best approach for concepts.

There is a cxx0x-concepts-branch, but no work has been done on it. Probably when someone starts serious work on reimplementing concepts we'll create a new branch. I don't currently have any plans to work on concepts, as there are plenty of other things to work on that will be in C++0x.
I agree.  There's constexpr, lambdas, nullptr, etc.

Then there's library stuff like regex mostly.

I was thinking we'd have a lot of green check marks for most of C++-0x when it finally comes out. I think other compilers will too. There won't be hardly any latency at all between ratification and good and broad support for C++-0x. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Jason