On Aug 21, 2009, at 18:40, Paul Smedley wrote:

Hi All,

I'm wanting to update the GNU ADA compiler for OS/2... I'm currently
building GCC 4.3.x and 4.4.x on OS/2 (C/C++/fortran) but for ADA
configure complains about not finding gnat.  The problem is that the
only gnat compiled for OS/2 was years ago using a different toolchain
so it's not suitable.

I used to maintain the OS/2 port for AdaCore, but that was many years ago.
IBM released its last version of OS/2 in 2001. Currently it is almost
impossible to run OS/2 in either real modern hardware or on a virtualized
system.

AFAIK, GNAT 3.15p is the last GNAT version with OS/2 support. As the OS/2 version was a full implementation of Ada 95, including all annexes, passing
all ACATS tests, this version should still be very useful today, if you
have a system running OS/2, that is. If you're interested in developing
Ada applications on OS/2, your best bet is to use GNAT 3.15p.
You'll get a mature well-tested and very fast compiler.

This version might still be able to bootstrap GNAT.

  -Geert