Danny Backx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how well gcc-4.4 works with ARM and wmmx instructions ?
>
> I'm working on cegcc. It currently says :
> pavilion: {86} arm-mingw32ce-gcc -mcpu=iwmmxt t.c
> t.c:1: error: iwmmxt requires an AAPCS compatible ABI for proper
> operation
> pavilion: {87}
>
> It's clear to me where in the source this message is generated.
>
> It is not clear whether this is caused by errors in my port, or whether
> gcc has some other problem with this.

  You should mention that long double alignment macro that the guy on the
cegcc list thought it was connected with.  ARM_DOUBLEWORD_ALIGN.  If I was
following that discussion correctly, the ABI requires it, and you have it
#defined to zero to fix the problem you were getting with float double
function argument passing, but maybe what this means is that it there's some
more fundamental problem in the ABI-related MD macros, that fixing it this way
ended up just papering over.

    cheers,
      DaveK