daniel tian <daniel.xnt...@gmail.com> writes:

>    I have already finished CPU port named RICE.  The previous version
> I did is on gcc 4.0.2. it can be compiled.  Now I wanna move it to
> v4.3.0.  I added the config script just as the CRX architechture.

> configure:2379: $? = 1
> configure:2398:
> /home/daniel.tian/gcc_rice_dev/rice-binutils/build-gcc-debug/./gcc/xgcc
> -B/home/daniel.tian/gcc_rice_dev/rice-binutils/build-gcc-debug/./gcc/
> -B/usr/local/cross/rice-elf/rice-elf/bin/
> -B/usr/local/cross/rice-elf/rice-elf/lib/ -isystem
> /usr/local/cross/rice-elf/rice-elf/include -isystem
> /usr/local/cross/rice-elf/rice-elf/sys-include -o conftest -O2 -g
> -gdwarf-2 -g3     conftest.c  >&5
> conftest.c: In function 'main':
> conftest.c:16: internal compiler error: in
> compute_frame_pointer_to_fb_displacement, at dwarf2out.c:10984
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

This is the error.

> configure: failed program was:
> | /* confdefs.h.  */
> |
> | #define PACKAGE_NAME "GNU C Runtime Library"
> | #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "libgcc"
> | #define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.0"
> | #define PACKAGE_STRING "GNU C Runtime Library 1.0"
> | #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
> | /* end confdefs.h.  */
> |
> | int
> | main ()
> | {
> |
> |   ;
> |   return 0;
> | }

This is the failed program.

That should give you all you need to recreate the problem.

Now you need to fire up the debugger and take a look at the failure.  It
has something to do with unexpected behaviour in your backend register
elimination.  It's pretty hard to say anything else about it with the
information you provided.

Ian