Richard Guenther wrote:

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Toon Moene <t...@moene.org> wrote:

Well, I think that we should try to not do this across the whole program.
Simply for the reason that a gigantic main function will hit several
non-linear complexity algorithms in GCC.

But, but ... other people are talking about 30 minute "compiles" while the lto1 executable doesn't even register on the radar (top) over here.

Besides, inlining these subroutines will get rid of 200+ item argument lists, a benefit on its own (think I-cache).

In the mean time I found the --param I'll tweak:

 --param max-inline-insns-single=100000

I'd like to see some fireworks, too !

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: t...@moene.org - phone: +31 346 214290