Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

* Google Go is still a niche language. And I would guess it is targetted to Linux & Unix variants (because I heard that Google does not use Windows on their web-crawling servers, but only Unix variants, mostly Linux). I really feel that a niche language is exactly a "small, specialized addition to gcc that isn't generally useful enough, or stable enough, to be included in the main gcc distribution". I would be glad to

I forgot to type "be wrong".

I mean also

"I would be happy if niche languages could be more easily added into GCC core."

But I think nobody wants that. I could guess reasons for not wanting extra front-ends in GCC (the same reasons could even perhaps be used to remove rarely used front-ends like Objective-C++ from future GCC). But I also think that

Regards