Paul Edwards:

> 1. I think my unixio.h, which has a stack of POSIX functions
> that need to be there (mkdir, pwait, open, fileno etc), needs to
> be considered "honorary ansi" (after all, so much code assumes
> that they exist) and get included in ansidecl, with unixio.h
> living in include, and unixio.c living in libiberty.  Does that
> sound reasonable?

Well, it's sort of the whole point of libiberty to provide
functions that are not available on certain hosts, so that
the rest of GCC can be simplified by assuming they're always
there.  So in principle I guess this should be fine.

> What would be really good is if flags.h and toplev.c had a
> consecutive block of flags, so that even if my few lines of
> intrusive code aren't accepted, it's at least easy for me to
> mask out an entire block.  At the moment I have to look
> for a few largish chunks of flags to mask out.

Note that with current GCC versions, all these flag global
variables are defined by C source code that is automatically
generated from various option parameter files.  This should
make it simpler to change this e.g. to use a struct instead
of many global variables ...

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE