Paul Edwards wrote:

> gcov-iov creates a gcov-iov.h which has a version number
> which changes when I change MVS versions.  So I am
> thinking of updating gcov-iov.c so that when the target is
> MVS, it generates a more fixed format.

I don't see how the generated number depends on the MVS
version ...  It is supposed to depend solely on the *GCC*
version string of the compiler currently being built.

> gengtype-yacc.c & .h gets created with my new version of bison.
> I just want to use the one that came with 3.4.6 instead of
> having it regenerated.  Do I need to hide my bison to stop
> that from happening?

Well, it's just a make step -- the files will get rebuilt if
and only if the gengtype-yacc.y file is more recent than the
gengtype-yacc.c and .h files.  In the default 3.4.6 tarball
this is not the case.  Did you somehow modify file timestamps
while unpacking / copying the files?

> gencheck.h is being generated as an empty file, which doesn't
> work well on some environments.  I want it to at least have a
> comment saying "/* empty file */".  I can put that in as part of
> the build script too.

Well, adding a comment should be trivial at the place in the
Makefile.in where gencheck.h is generated (s-gencheck).

In any case, more recent GCC versions no longer refer to this
file at all.

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE