Matt wrote:
> Hey Dave,
>
> What OS are you bootstrapping on, and with which compiler/version?
> (Cygwin, I assume, but you never know ;>)

  Yep, Cygwin native using 4.3.4 as bootstrap compiler.

> I haven't been able to bootstrap for a few weeks, but no one answered my
> email for help (which probably got lost in the kernel-related fighting):

  rofl Linus is such a git!  I didn't notice his apology for having screwed up
so badly and flamed everyone over nothing, did you?

> The code in question definitely looks like the uninitialized warning
> (reported as error) is valid. I'm surprised no one else has been seeing
> this, unless they aren't bootstrapping using 4.4.1 or above.

  Like I said, 4.3.4 (and occasionally I bootstrap HEAD with itself), but this
is one of those areas where false positives/negatives come and go.

> Any help is appreciated -- I really want to get cracking on testing 4.5.

  I read the code in ira-lives.c; it is very clearly not used uninitialised,
so this is undoubtedly a bug in your bootstrap compiler.  File a PR,
reconfigure your tree using --disable-werror, and off you go.

    cheers,
      DaveK