> >> Fixes for obvious typos in ChangeLog files, docs, web pages, comments and
> >> similar stuff. Just check in the fix and copy it to gcc-patches. We don't
> >> want to get overly anal-retentive about checkin policies.
>
> Incorrect whitespace is a "typo".  I.e. an error in "typed" material.

Yes, but it's not in "ChangeLog files, docs, web pages, comments and
similar stuff".  I suspect the web page in question needs to be updated to
more accurately reflect current standard practice.  It appears wrong to me
on more counts than just this one (my understanding has always been that no
approval is needed to fix typos, whether in code or comments, but this page
says only the latter).