On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Richard Guenther
<richard.guent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Daniel Berlin <dber...@dberlin.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Such a thing already existed a few years ago (IIRC Haifa had something
>>> that Dan picked up and passed on to me). But it never brought any
>>> benefits. I don't have the pass anymore, but perhaps Dan still has a
>>> copy of it somewhere.
>>
>> It was actually posted and reviewed, you can find it in the archives.
>>
>> It's probably wildly out of date now ;)
>>
>> It's a fairly trivial lattice problem to implement using the sparse
>> propagator.
>
> Well - you need a place to store the result obviously...

Sure, but when the pass was written, the only thing that could take
advantage was the vectorizer, and it was too simple to be helped by
this at the time.
All the testcases it could easily vectorize were ones where the
alignment was trivially known anyway ;)

Back then, I believe the result was stored in the data reference
structure somewhere
This pass may even be on the lno branch or something.