Hi,

Please don't top reply.

On 12/28/2009 12:59 PM, Pardis Beikzadeh wrote:
Hi,

Also 'make bootstrap' doesn't work without running configure, so I'm
not sure what the "recommended way" mentioned in the email below
means.

The bootstrap in Jim's reply means, I think, building a minimal (only C front-end) gcc-3.2 first using gcc-3.4. Then you can use the minimal gcc-3.2 to build a full gcc-3.2.

If you build gcc-3.2 the recommended way, e.g. via bootstrap, then you won't
run into this problem. The fortran front end will be built by the bootstrapped
gcc-3.2 instead of gcc-3.4, and you won't get this error.

If you are building a cross, then you bootstrap a native gcc-3.2 first, and
then use the native gcc-3.2 to build the cross gcc-3.2.

Jie