[redir to gcc-help]

On 01/01/2010 05:44 AM, Andris Kalnozols wrote:

> If the bug was a basic programming error, one would expect a
> runtime failure (dereferencing a NULL pointer) no matter which
> compiler was used.

I would not expect that, and I have no idea whay you would.  Undefined
behaviour can happen in any way: maybe the program appears to run
correctly, maybe it faults.

> The application compiles cleanly with no warnings using "-Wall".
> Were there any transition issues with the newer gcc compilers of
> which I may not be aware?

No.  As you've done the obvious first stage (using -Wall) you now
should run your program under Valgrind, assuming that it is available
on your system.

Andrew.