On 1/4/10 14:57 , sandeep soni wrote:

> I want to know what is the entry point to the gimplification pass? and
> given a function body which are the functions in the gcc source that
> convert the body into equivalent gimple statements?

This is controlled from the callgraph manager.  You need to start
looking at cgraphunit.c:cgraph_analyze_functions.  It traverses the
cgraph queue converting each node into gimple (the call to
cgraph_analyze_function).

> Also is there a way in which i can selectively step through the
> execution of the source related to this?

Yes.  You need to debug cc1/cc1plus and set a breakpoint in
cgraph_analyze_functions.  The function debug_cgraph() will show you the
callgraph at that point.

Diego.