On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 01:12:37PM +0200, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
> However, I am not sure to understand why Tomohiro needs to hack the
> GCC parser itself. I was thinking that he might instead write a
> plugin which works at the Generic/TREE (or even perhaps  Gimple)
> level.

That doesn't make sense.  If you're doing code completion, then by
definition, what you have now does not parse.  If it doesn't parse,
you can't build IL from it.  A parser is pretty much all you need for
code completion, not any of the rest of the compiler (e.g. Eclipse has
just a parser and a syntax tree).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery