On 04/21/2010 07:04 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Robert Dewar<de...@adacore.com>  wrote:
Actually for my taste, you have to get a MUCH bigger factor in compile
time before you can call yourself a fast compiler (Realia COBOL by
comparison compiles millions of lines a minute of code on current
PC's, using just one core).

Heh, you always bring up the Realia compiler when there's a compile
time discussion. Must have been a really impressive piece of work,
that it was so fast :-)

It was fast, I used it for my first summer job, and spent some time looking at its output too. :-)

And actually I'm impressed especially because it wasn't (as far as I remember) an optimizing compiler, yet it was written in itself _and_ so fast.

Paolo