On 23 April 2010 22:05, HyperQuantum <hyperquan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:58 PM, HyperQuantum <hyperquan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Manuel López-Ibáñez
>> <lopeziba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> What reasons keep you from contributing to GCC?
>>
>> The lack of time, for the most part.
>
> I submitted a feature request once. It's now four years old, still
> open, and the last message it received was two years ago. (PR26061)

I actually implemented that patch and got rejected. I may try again in
the future but there are more important things that I would like to
implement first. The fact that is still open means that given the
right patch and the right convincing, it may get accepted. That
feature is simply not important enough for me to put more time. Is it
for you?

But is that a reason to not contribute? Precisely, we need more
contributors because the existing contributors are already overworked
with big projects and don't have time to fight/worry for small
fixes/features. For sure you can find unconfirmed bug reports much
older that have simply been overlooked for more than 10 years.

Cheers,

Manuel.