> Expressing the same idea in different code is not a copyright violation.

Unlike patents, in copyright law, whether something is infringing
strongly depends on whether you actually COPIED something.  Writing a
piece of code to do the same as another piece of code that you're looking
at when doing it is dubious.

> Even independent identical expressions are not copyright violations
> if they are truly independent.

Certainly!  But if you've seen one, they aren't independent.

> And if there is only one possible way to express an idea, then
> copyright does not apply at all, as there is no creative aspect to
> the work.

Agreed.  As I said earlier, this is what probably would save you in
practice: the only things that you'd be "copying" would be the unique
way to implement the idea.