Hi,

On Tue, 18 May 2010, Diego Novillo wrote:

> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 16:15, Sandeep Soni <soni.sande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1. What should be the format of representation of the GIMPLE tuples in
> >    text?
>
> I liked Andrew's suggestion about S-expressions.

I can see that for describing types, maybe.  But isn't that artificially
awkward for representing tuple instructions?  I mean most instructions
will look like

  (= i_1 (+ k_1 m_1))
or
  (= j_1 (call func arg1 arg2))

I don't see how that is much easier to parse compared to
  i_1 = k_1 + m_1
  j_1 = func (arg1, arg2)

The nice thing with tuples is that there's always only one operator, and
hence no ambiguity in precedence that needs to be resolved or explicitely
encoded via a list structure.

Or is the format also intended to be able to represent GENERIC, i.e.
deeply nested structures?

Ciao,
Michael.