Hi,

I don't know is it big or not to have such time spend in RTL parts.  But I
think that this RTL part could be decreased if RTL (magically :) would have
smaller footprint and contain less details.

<checks pockets...>
Bah, no wand... :-)

I noticed while working on the dragonegg plugin that replacing gimple -> RTL
with gimple -> LLVM IR significantly reduced the amount of memory used by the
compiler at -O0.  I didn't investigate where the memory was going, but it seems
likely that RTL either contains a whole lot more information than the LLVM IR,
or doesn't represent it in a very memory efficient way.

Ciao,

Duncan.