Muhammad Akbar <mkak...@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a FORTRAN code that uses some c routines. I compile it with gcc
> and gfortran in RedHat Linux without any problem. Recently I bought a
> laptop with Ubuntu. I have gcc and gfortran version 4.4.3 in it. When
> I compile the code, I see the following warning:
>
> warning: ignoring return value of 'fread', declared with attribute
> warn_unused_result
>
> When I try to run the executable, it does not run as expected. Is
> there any library
> files that I am missing? Please help.
> I am using the following flags:
> gcc -c -O3 -DLINUX
> gfortran -c -O3 -DLINUX -fdefault-real-8 -ffree-line-length-132
>
> By the way, I have installed Intel compilers, and the code runs fine
> with icc and ifort. I am puzzled!

Please never send messages to both gcc@gcc.gnu.org and
gcc-h...@gcc.gnu.org.  This message should only have gone to
gcc-h...@gcc.gnu.org.  Please take any followups to gcc-help.  Thanks.

It is impossible for us to answer your question without more
information, because you didn't tell us what you mean by "does not run
as expected."  Also, if it runs on RedHat Linux but fails on Ubuntu,
then it is probably not an issue with gcc.

Ian