On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:50 AM,  <taji...@eyipublications.com> wrote:
> Hello GCC,
>
> I would like to inquire about an open source project of yours called GCC.
>
> I read that it's a cross platform complier for a number of programs.
>
> My question is does it work with open source game engines in complying
> games for game console platforms (such as Xbox 360, Playstation3, Wii,
> Nintendo DSi, PSPgo and etc) and mobile platforms (like iPhone, iPad and
> Android for example)

GCC is used inside Sony to compile a lot of the playstation 3 code.
It is (and still is) __an__ official compiler to compile Playstation 3
games.  The majority of games released for the PS3 between 2006 and
late 2008 are compiled with GCC.

GCC is also the official compiler to compile for Android and Palm's
WebOS.  Both of those are Linux kernel based.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski