> Is there a particular target you're interested in?

Not in that way, no.  My biggest concern is that the documentation is
wrong.  My second concern is that the help option says it basically
does nothing (well, one or two options) instead of the big list it
used to do (or that the other -O* do).  My third concern is that it
doesn't globally affect as many options as you'd expect - like forcing
alignments to 1 for all targets.  Why should every target duplicate
that code?

I wasn't really asking "how do I make code smaller" I was asking "why
does -Os appear to be useless" - emphasis on "appear".