On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM, FX <fxcoud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How can we fix this? The only way I see would be to have two macros
> instead of TARGET_OS_CPP_BUILTINS: one that will be used for source-
> preprocessing in all languages (maybe keeping the name
> TARGET_OS_CPP_BUILTINS), and one that will be used only for C-family
> languages (TARGET_OS_CPP_BUILTINS_CFAMILY).

That seems to be the only solution, yes. I looked into this earlier
this year when I was trying to separate the front-ends better from the
middle-end (define interface, modularization, whatever...).

Better than macros would be hooks, but macros would be a good start.

One problem is that it isn't always clear what defines belong to CPP
and what is C-family specific.

> It seems like a bit of
> work, to get everything in the right place.

Yes, this is a big job, and it's not easy/mechanical either.

Ciao!
Steven