On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 H.J. Lu wrote:
> GCC 4.6.0 has -fstack-usage.
Thanks. That's probably the reason I didn't find it in current manuals.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> This question would be more appropriate for the mailing list
> gcc-h...@gcc.gnu.org.  Please take any followups to gcc-help.  Thanks.
Since this turns into a feature request, I hope it's ok to continue
using this list. Of course, I will also enter it into bugzilla if nobody
tells me not to (because it would be a duplicate of an existing request)

> gcc can not dump a callgraph.  Both GNU ld and gold can dump a
> cross-reference table, which is not a call graph but could perhaps be
> used to produce a call graph.  See the --cref option.
--cref isn't much use. It doesn't tell me which functions call other
functions, only which modules refer to them.

Static analysis which work on source code are not ideal, either. They
don't know which functions will be inlined by the compiler.

So it would be nice if gcc could provide a call graph.

Thanks,
Sebastian