> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to define UNITS_PER_SIMD_WORD as a global variable and
> to set this varibale using a pragma (even once for a compilation) and
> that way to be able to compile one file with UNITS_PER_SIMD_WORD = 8
> and another file with UNITS_PER_SIMD_WORD = 16?

No. This is an internal value that is a property of the vector ISA you're
targeting.

AFAIK there's only one supported target that supports variable length vectors
(ARM NEON), which allows selecting between doubleword and quadword vectors via
a target specific commandline option.  Idealy you wouldn't need this at all,
but I don;t believe the vectorizer is capable of handling this.

Paul