On 1/21/2011 4:12 PM, Kyle Girard wrote:
Hello,

I currently have a plugin for gcc 4.5 that works great. However, the
need has arisen to have the same plugin run on gcc 3.4.5.  Knowing
that the plugin api wasn't added until 4.5 I was wondering if anyone
could tell me how much pain i would be in for if I attempt to backport
the plugin api to gcc 3.4.5.  Is it even possible or are 3.X.X and 4.5.X
so different that it shouldn't even be attempted.
It should not be attempted. The differences between GCC 4.3 and 4.5 are already very difficult to deal with. Going all the way back to GCC 3.4, which has a very different tree structure in places, is really not a worthwhile effort.

--BDS